About This Personal Weather Station
The Equipment Itself..
This weather station is officially called "ProWeatherStation" according to the manufacturer. You can visit the website for this weather station here. So far, this weather station is quite easy to handle and operate. It comes with a neat touch-screen control panel and attaches directly to my computer through a USB cable.
Here are some important details about this weather station:
- Latitude: N 29° 52' 30"
- Longitude: W 92° 13' 07"
- Altitude: 28 ft
- Location: Mouton Cove, Abbeville, LA
- Google Map (Pinpoint): Click here
- CWOP Callsign DW4071
Here are some of the features of this weather station, according to the manufacturer's website:
- Plug and Play - Easy setup and operation
- 48 sec transmit interval; real time average and peak
- Inside and Outside Temperature and Humidity
- Wind Speed and direction including average and gust
- Wind Chill and Dew point temperature display
- Barometric Pressure with last 12hr history
- Rain Gauge with last hour, day, week, month or total. Empties automatically.
- Built in data logging for 4080 readings: unlimited with PC
- Settable alarms and Touch Screen operation
- Radio Controlled Clock(WWVB/DCF)
- 300 feet wireless range between sensor and controller
- Sensor battery life 2 years on 2 AA batteries
- Controller battery life 1 year on 3 AA batteries
- Free EasyWeather remote control Windows software
Here are some pictures of the weather station (click to enlarge), which is mounted on our rooftop. We're planning on raising the station to a higher elevation soon. This is only a temporary fix.
The Host Computer Used..
The computer hosting the data and uploading the data to the site is a basic home PC that runs 24/7. It is provided backup power by an APC Backup UPS in case of power failure for up to 30 minutes. Here are some quick stats about the PC:
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600
- System Uptime: 43 days 16 hours
- Cumulus Uptime: 10 days
- Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
- Memory: 1043/2039 MB (free/total) (40.14 MB used by Cumulus)
- Hard Drive: 117.6 GB/149.01 GB GB (free/total)
The Software Used..
To generate the website and record the information, I use an excellent piece of software called Cumulus (version 1.9.3:1059). It it created and supported by Sandaysoft. You can visit their website by clicking the links provided. There are some screenshots of the application below for your viewing pleasure. (click on them to enlarge)
Who do we contribute data to?
We contribute data to many websites and operations. Below is a list of most of them.